Friday, June 14, 2013

Long post about music and the Mens Movement.

I must have a lot more Sociologist in me than I'm willing to admit.  Perhaps that's a side effect of the Red Pill, since so many people complain of not being able to 'unsee' things.  One area where this stuff hits me the most, for some odd reason, is music.

I've always been a huge audiophile, and have a very wide taste in music, from Brooks and Dunn to Velvet Acid Christ.  What ties a lot of the music I like together isn't the genre, but the purity of the message.  Not 'purity' in the Christian sense, but pure in it's direction.  The honesty of the song.

One of my all time favorite 'albums' is the mashup between Jay Z and Linkin Park.  For the record, I don't own a CD, or even an MP3, of either of these bands on their own.  But this mashup resonates with me.  A lot of guys I've talked to say the same thing, they all own it, and they all agree it's a fantastic compilation.

The main reason why is the accurate description contained within of the social 'strata' of men in society today, spanning socio-economic and socio-sexual issues.  And it does so merely by mixing two band's songs together.

It's definitely worth a listen if you're into Mens Issues.

The first clue these bands were aware of what they were doing is the selection of the songs mashed, as well as the order they appear in:

1)  Dirt Off Your Shoulder / Lying From You
2)  Big Pimpin' / Papercut
3)  Jigga What / Faint
4)  Numb / Encore
5)  Izzo / In The End
6)  Points of Authority / 99 Problems / One Step Closer

These songs, in this order, not only accurately describe such things as MGTOW's, and PUAs, it also accurately describes the differences in mindset between the average Alpha and Omega:


Jay Z:  I remember what they taught to me.  I remember condescending talk of who I oughta be.  Remember listenin to all of that and this again.  So I presented up a person who was fitting in.  And now you think this person really is me and I'm

Linkin Park:  Trying to bend the truth.

Jay Z:  The more I push the more I'm pulling away 'cause I'm..

Linkin Park:  Lying my way from YOU.  I want to be pushed aside so let me go.  Let me take back my life.  I'd rather be all alone, anywhere on my own, 'cause I can say the very worst part of you, is me.

It doesn't take much to see this as a description of the impossible double binds men are put in, usually from school age on.  The pressure to conform to repugnant standards, the impossible metric by which we are judged, all of it.  As the song goes on there is a divergence between Jay Z and Linkin Park, with the former taking a more PUA path, and the latter the MGTOW (fluctuating between lonely and determined).

 All:  It's like I'm paranoid looking over my back. It's like a whirlwind hanging over my head.  It's like I can't stop what I'm hearing within, it's like the face inside is right.

 Jay Z:  Why does it look like night today?  Something inside's not right today.  Why am I so uptight today?  Paranoia's all I got left.  I don't know what stretched me first, or how the pressure was fed, but I know just what it feels like to have a voice at the back of my head.
...

Jay Z:  You know I thug 'em, fuck 'em, love 'em, leave 'em.  Cause I don't fuckin need 'em.  Take 'em out the 'hood, keep 'em looking good, but I don't fuckin feed 'em.  First time they fuss, I'm breezin', what you talkin' about 'What's the reason?'

 There's almost no Linkin Park in this song...it's focus on the PUA extends seamlessly into the next song.  It begins with Jay Z talking about thug fucking everything in sight including Linkin Park's "girlfriend" in the line "I seen your tears as you busted in", and is capped with Linkin Park's response (to fictional girlfriend):

I am, a little bit insecure, a little unconfident.  You don't understand I do what I can, but sometimes it don't make sense.  I am what you never want to say, but I've never had a doubt.  It's like no matter what I do, I can't convince you for once just to hear me out.  So I let go, watching you face away like you always do.  Face away and pretend that I'm not, but I'll be here 'cause you're all that I've got.

I can't feel the way I did before, don't turn your back on me, I won't be ignored.  Time won't heal this damage anymore, don't turn your back on me, I WON'T BE IGNORED!

This Red Pill moment has been brought to you by the Mens Rights movement...  Seriously though, it's an obvious reference in my eyes at least.

 The next song, Numb / Encore, begins with Jay Z asking "what the Hell are you waiting for?"  Linkin Park responds almost aimlessly:

Tired of being what you want me to be, feeling so faithless, lost under the surface.  Don't know what you're expecting of me, put under the pressure of walking in your shoes.  Every step that I take is another mistake to you.  And every second I waste is more than I can take.  I've become so numb, I can't feel you there.  Become so tired, so much more aware.  I'm becoming this - all I want to do is be more like me and be less like you.

The killing of the masculine soul, set to music.  The next song is considerably more 'party' sounding, with both 'bands' singing along together, but the lyrics are definitely PUA.  Then Linkin Park (Beta) sings alone:

It's starts with one thing, I don't know why it doesn't even matter how hard you try.  To keep that in mind I designed this rhyme to explain in due time.  All I know is time is a valuable thing, watch it fly by as the 'pendulum' swings, watch it count down to the end of the day, it ticks life away and it's so unreal, I didn't look out below, watched the time go right out the window trying to hold on, and didn't even know I wasted it all just to watch you go.

Translation:  I can't believe I wasted my time on that psychotic bitch, jumping through hoops to make her happy.  I was miserable, and she left anyway.

Hmm, sounds like another Red Pill lesson:  do what makes YOU happy.  If she's unhappy because of it, you're with the wrong girl.

 And the last song on the CD, 99 Problems, opens thusly:

If you're having girl problems I feel bad for you son.  I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one.

Enough said.

In short, if you're interested in understanding the feelings of a good number of men these days, you would do well to listen to this CD.  And I mean REALLY listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment